TREE CREW TEAM MEMBER
Quality Tree Surgery, Inc. has been in business for over 30 years serving Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas. We are locally owned and operated and are licensed, bonded and insured. We are an “A+ Accredited Business” of the Better Business Bureau and have been a member for almost 30 years. We are looking to add a select few enthusiastic, committed and ambitious new members to our Quality Tree family. We encourage our employees to be upwardly mobile through on-going training and access to the latest industry certifications. Compensation and benefits are competitive and based on qualifications and experience with access to performance-based raises. Apply today and become a “tree ninja” with the Quality Tree team!
Tree Crew Team Member Duties:
- Reports for duty, on time, each day
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn to climb and is comfortable with heights
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions from the crew leader or designated supervisor
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with all crew members and crew leader
- Strives to improve job skills through training and certifications and demonstrates the potential for upward mobility
- Learns, understands and adheres to all safety rules and company safety policies
- Engages in the following Job Duties safely according to company safety rules and policies:
- Clears brush and vegetation
- Moves logs, large branches and brush from one area of the job site to the wood chipper by hand and/or with the use of a wood chipper winch
- Feeds logs, large branches and brush into the chipper by hand
- Works around falling trees, logs and limbs
- Operates specialized equipment including, but not limited to, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, blowers, pole saws, loppers, various ropes and climbing equipment, hand pruners, handsaws and other equipment used in arboricultural practices
- Operates and/or works around large machinery including, but not limited to, cranes, bucket trucks, log loaders, chipper trucks, chippers, stump grinders and other equipment used in arboricultural practices.
- Provides support for the other crew members by controlling lowering ropes and limbs from aloft and supplying tools for tree workers
Must be able to:
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and crew members
- Follow directions
- Adhere to safety standards at all times
- Lift up to 100lbs
- Perform a variety of repetitive physical movements, bending, lifting, twisting, etc.
- Enter and exit large vehicles multiple times a day
- Work safely around hazardous equipment
- Work on a variety of terrains
- Work in a variety of temperatures and weather exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Perform required duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time and part time hourly positions available. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Opportunity for advancement and access to industry related training materials, continuing education and certifications provided.
- Driver’s License required, CDL a plus
- Pre-employment Drug Screen and criminal background check required
- Quality Tree Surgery, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Military Veterans are encouraged to apply